Will the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) cover my physiotherapy?

If you have your car registered in Victoria and are injured in a motor vehicle accident you are eligible to receive Physiotherapy treatment. You must first have filled out all relevant paperwork with the TAC.

If you spent at least one night in hospital following your accident, you will be covered for all treatment costs under TAC. If you didn’t spend at least one night in hospital you will be responsible for the initial $564.00 in treatment costs this is the TAC excess.

Once you have met the TAC excess cost, the TAC will cover you for physiotherapy. If you claim is denied by the TAC you will be responsible for all treatment costs incurred.

When you first come in for treatment you will be required to sign a Treatment Notification Plan(TNP) which will be submitted to the TAC to notify them that you have started physiotherapy treatment.